Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5-HTP for depression and mood stability

I had heard of 5-HTP for a few years.  I started taking one 100mg a day, about two months ago.  At the time, I was having some annoying thought patterns.  I used to worry excessively about things that I knew were not worth worrying about.  My mind would sometimes get in a negative mood for no good reason.  The moods and thoughts were totally irrational.  Nothing in the real world justified having these types of thoughts.  You could almost compare them to someone worrying about whether or not the sun would rise the next morning.  They weren't quite that extreme, but you get the basic idea. 

Since I started taking the 50 mg doses, I've noticed that I've had a more positive outlook.  I'm usually in a good mood, unless there is really a reason not to be.  This is the opposite of how I was previously.  Things have been extremely wonderful in my relationship with my girlfriend.  I've also had an easier time getting through the day at my stressful call center job.  Overall I feel much better than before I started taking the all natural supplement. 

Of course there are other factors that could have played a role.  The weather has been much nicer lately.  There has been a lot more sunshine, and less "depressing" weather.  The days have become longer.  Birds have been singing, which always makes me happy.  I've also been exercising more consistently.  There is no way to know 100% if the supplement is really working, or to what extent.  All I know, is that I've been feeling much better.  We can all agree that the 5-HTP is not making me feel worse.  It could be the effect on key neurotransmitters, it could be the weather, or the white tablets could actually have some type of magical power.  Either way, the bottom line is that I'm feeling great.  I'll take that over being irritated, worried and needlessly depressed any day!

You may want to do some research and consider taking some if you've been feeling down lately.  (Always check with your doctor first.)   


5 comments:

  1. i like that 3rd option: magical power.another way to say is a blessing for agreeing to pay the purchase price. sale of atmosphere in a pill. clean air, clean head. how does that sound? and as long as something is working well keep it working. refinements when, where and if boredom returns. alas things were so nice and stable on oak street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! There were ups and downs in the old oak street days. Maybe it's time for a new era. The big tree era has just begun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction, I have been taking 100mg doses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece of writing presents clear idea designed for the new people of blogging, that really how to do blogging.


    My web page :: deer antler velvet supplement

    ReplyDelete
  5. Τhаnk you a bunch fоr sharing thіs ωith
    all peoρlе you actuallу гecognize
    ωhat you are talking about! Bookmarked. Pleaѕe addіtionally seek advice fгom mу web site
    =). We can hаve а hyperlink exchangе aгrаngement
    amοng us

    Mу web sіte: vitamin shoppe coupon

    ReplyDelete